|12330 Conway Road||Director: Wayne Sparkman|
|St. Louis, MO 63141||Email: [email protected]|
"...preserving your witness to God's grace..."
|John W. Sanderson, Jr.|
|[19 March 1916 - 30 April 1998]|
|Parents: Father, John W., Sr.; mother, Ella V. Smith|
|Birthplace: Baltimore, MD|
Spouse: Pearl L. Hetrick, 12 June 1939, Wheaton, IL
|Children: David R.; Judith E.; Robert G.|
|Undergraduate Education: BA, Wheaton College, 1937|
|Graduate Education: B.Div., Faith Theological Seminary, 1940; BD, 1945; MA, University of PA, 1949; DD, Geneva College, 1966|
|Ministry: Licensed and ordained in October of 1940 by the Chicago|
Presbytery of the Bible Presbyterian Church, Rev. Sanderson's
first pastorate was at the First Bible Presbyterian Church of St. Louis,
MO, serving there from 1940-43. He was succeeded in that post by the Rev.
Francis A. Schaeffer. Rev. Sanderson went on to serve as Associate Professor
at Faith Theological Seminary from 1945-1952 and 1955-56, pastoring the
Bible Presbyterian Church of Newark, DE during the interim 1952-55 years.
He was a professor at Covenant College in St. Louis from 1956-57 and
then professor at Westminster Theological Seminary in Philadelphia from 1957-63. Other positions
of service included professor, dean and vice president of Covenant College
from 1964-1976 and as professor at Covenant Theological Seminary for the
years 1956-57, 1963-64 and 1976-84. Honors included serving as moderator
of Synod for the Bible Presbyterian Church in 1951. Rev. Sanderson was
given the status of honorably retired in 1986.
©PCA Historical Center, 12330 Conway Road, St. Louis, MO, 2007. All Rights Reserved.
©PCA Historical Center, 12330 Conway Road, St. Louis, MO, 2011. All Rights Reserved.