March 4: Historic Hopewell Presbytery (1796-97)
Our text for today is taken from The Souvenir Book of the General Assemblies, Atlanta, Georgia, May 14-25, 1913, pp. 11ff. This was a work compiled from the occasion when three Presbyterian denominations all met in their separate General Assemblies in Atlanta in May of 1913. The entire work can be found at http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/georgiabooks/pdfs/gb5189.pdf At the close of […]
On the Celebration of the Supper by the Courts
October 31, 2013
... Continue reading
Posted: Author-Title Index
The General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in America will meet this June 9-12 in Chattanooga, TN. For Commissioner registration information click here.
Volume 1 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr01smyt
Volume 2 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr02smyt
Volume 3 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr03smyt
Volume 4 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr04smyt
Volume 5 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr05smyt
Volume 6 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr06smyt
Volume 7 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr07smyt
Volume 8 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr08smyt
Volume 9 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr09smyt
Volume 10 - http://archive.org/details/completeworksofr10smyt
Posted: Finding Aid for the Kenneth A. Horner, Jr. Manuscript Collection.
Original sources on the formation of the PCA :
Four main organizations were formative of the Presbyterian Church in America :
1. Concerned Presbyterians, a layman's group led by ruling elders;
2. Presbyterian Churchmen United, an organization for pastors;
3. The Presbyterian Journal, a magazine begun in 1942; and
4. The Presbyterian Evangelistic Fellowship, a ministry focused on revival.
Publications issued by the first two of these groups are now online.
[click on the cover image for access to issues]
The Concerned Presbyterian
No. 1 (March 1965)-No. 37 (1976)
(Presbyterian Churchmen United)
The Hodge-Thornwell Debates and their background :
Other Items of Interest :
• On the Revision of the Confession of Faith (1890), by Dr. Benjamin B. Warfield.
• The History Behind the Reformed Presbyterian Church, Evangelical Synod, by Dr. George P. Hutchinson.
• “The Third Revision of the Directory of Worship” (PCUS, 1885)
- PCA Position Papers
- RPCES Documents
- PCA Congregations
- 50 Oldest Churches in the PCA
- PCA Presbyteries
- PCA Agencies
- PCA Book of Church Order
- Historical Development of the PCA Book of Church Order
- History Matters
- Search for a PCA Logo
Text Resources :
Historical Center Information :